All I have been doing this whole time is just shuffling through life and taking things easy. Though essentially the modules given are simple; it's hard to do when I was pushing myself so hard for three years and ended up doing something I certainly didn't do all my work for! So all that motivation went from sky high relief down to Nada! the modules I had been given to do since September have been;
Contextual studies: This is where those two other blogs under my profile name came from, as you can see lack of dedication and motivation is written all over it! I had to complete the first half of this module with an evaluation - which for SOME reason the writing style was expected to match that of an essay!
Production: Though still being under the process of completion, this was the module given from the beginning of the year. This module is basically creating a false Live TV show with two separate clips integrated into the production! Though clever I was far too familiar with the process of a production from my Media studies foundation course.
Ideas factory: Oh what fun this one is! The first part had consisted me of doing a fairly extended to do list I had little interest in doing. Writing! This had to be a collection of three scripts written in specific software which had to also be supported with evidence of pre-production for the script. Thankfully the visual side of things is due in May 21st - extended due to the clash it had with the Essay I will be talking about later
This blasted essay: My mental block since December! Not lifting a finger to touch it and just about able to do the ideas factory module. The good news is I've completed a 3000 word essay describing the idea of beauty the media portrays to their audience. However I still yet have to refine it, refining also including the dreaded task of Harvard referencing. though I am perfectly capable of accomplishing this simple task; it's a big block for me, for the tutors wish these references only to be mainly books. Whereas this essay subject I have chosen is rather contemporary; I lack confidence in finding book quotes for these things which back up my given points are only visible to me in recent news articles, documentaries and interviews. I also have trouble with understanding Learning outcome three. I also fear showing this draft and the feedback being a negative one. "not enough relation to the media as the module requires" or "Not enough original quotes from books". However I'm sure things will turn out okay, once this is out of my system I can get photography and production over and done with. then I can enjoy visual storytelling and be on my way to the second year of animation! My true calling!
Visual storytelling: Last but not least, a module I have familiarity and full confidence in doing! This is basically just telling a story through illustration and researching and experimenting with different techniques. Fine arts has taught me this technique only too well!
So! Now all that dull explanation is over and done as to why I've been so un enthused to do the things I enjoy in life; I Will perhaps update what I've been falling behind in this blog so much! I will try to do a blog entry for each month I have missed! Until then; farewell!
![]() |
| Me these days! Hello everybody! I am addicted to this headband! |

No comments:
Post a Comment